Pitch to the Industry
MIA ANIMATION CONFERENCE & FESTIVAL will be holding a Pitching Contest as part of its Animation Festival. All creators are encouraged to submit their projects for consideration. The top submissions in both categories will be invited to pitch their idea in person to a panel of animation industry experts and professionals.
1. Animation for Television and Web Series – targeting kids (any audience 13 and under)
2. Animation for Television and Web Series – targeting adults (any audience 14 and up)
All entries must include the following:
1. Official Entry Form
2. A Pitch Document of no more than three (3) pages in length describing your project. This material can include series premise, character descriptions, story ideas, art and any other information that may be useful to the panel evaluating the project. Any information MUST be in ONE document (not multiple files) and needs to be three or fewer pages. Any submission not following these rules will be automatically disqualified.
3. An optional link to a video clip of not more than two (2) minutes of footage related to the project. If a video is longer than two minutes, the screening committee will only view the first two minutes in their evaluation process.
4. Entries should be submitted on the bottom of this page and must be received by August 31st, 2017.
5. Pitch to the Industry Entry Fee: $90.
The top entries from each category (roughly five entrants from each, but the panel reserves the right to select any number) will be selected as Finalists. Selected Finalists will be notified by September 15, 2016. Finalists will be invited to pitch their projects in person to a panel of industry experts at MIA ANIMATION. No travel expenses will be covered.
In person pitches can be in any form, but cannot take more than Five (5) minutes. There will be a question and answer time with the panel at the end of the five minute initial presentation. Finalists will be contacted during the summer and can request A/V equipment or display space for pitch materials, but the entrant is ultimately responsible for ensuring that all necessary technical or other equipment is present and working properly.
- Leah Hoyer, Director of Narrative Design at ARENA.NET
- Drew Tolman, Animation Associate Producer at 20th Century Fox Animation
The top pitch in each category will receive an award and recognition at the MIA Animation Festival screening. In addition, the top pitch overall will be set up with three meetings with relevant buyers and/or talent representatives, providing a great start to getting your pitch sold. Meetings will likely be in the Los Angeles area. No travel expenses will be covered.
Leah Hoyer on How to Pitch your Story!
Leah Hoyer will lead the panel of industry professionals invited to participate as jurors. Ms. Hoyer began working at Disney Television Animation in 2001, where she was for fifteen years the Director of Development for Disney Channel Animated Series. During her tenure at Disney, Leah has worked on numerous series, including “Recess,” “Kim Possible” and “Phineas & Ferb.” Ms. Hoyer currently works for Microsoft Studios, as an Animation and Gaming Narrative Director.
WINNER – THE PITCH TO THE INDUSTRY 2016
“THE WALKERS,” CREATED BY GABRIEL GARCIA