This competition has been created to encourage independent game development and fresh voices in the video game industry.
Deadline for submissions:
- Entry deadline – June 10th, 2017. Please submit a video describing your game idea (Vimeo or Youtube), showcasing the art style, and demonstrating any development or prototype work that has been done to this point. You will also need to complete the entry form, and have all required parties sign the form. Note that games do not need to be completed. But, if you are selected as a semi-finalist, you will need to submit a playable prototype or vertical slice in stage two.
- Semi-Finals – August 31st, 2017. All semi-finalists will be notified by this date. The number of semi-finalists chosen will depend on number and quality of entrants. We anticipate between six and twelve.
By entering your game idea for consideration for the 2016 GAME ON competition, you authorize that your work is cleared for exhibition and accept full legal responsibility for the intellectual property therein. Entry into the competition constitutes permission to exhibit your work at the 2016 GAME ON Competition. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless MIA ANIMATION, LLC, www.miaanimation.com, and any other agents, owners and employees of said entities from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
- Appeal of the overall experience. Is it fun and does it cause the player to want more?
- Art style. Is it original and appealing?
- Is there a clear sense of creative vision in the game, and does it do something surprising and new?
- Interview performance. How did the developer respond to questions in the interview? Did the interview add to the level of confidence that this game can be completed?
- Attendee comments. Attendees who play the games in the showcase will be given the chance to provide feedback. This feedback will be taken into account.
Full license for Toon Boom Harmony.
WINNER – GAME ON 2016, AN INDIE GAME COMPETITION
“DUCKIE DASH,” BY BLUE MANA ENTERTAINMENT
CLICK TO READ MIAMI HERALD ARTICLE
This is a FULL 2 day conference pass for Friday, October 13th and Saturday, October 14th admission to MIA Animation. The full conference pass will grant you access and PRIORITY SEATING to all lectures, panels, network events and the Animation Festival. ONLINE REGISTRATION until 10/11/2017 @ Midnight. 1. PRIORITY access to all lectures and panels. 2. One…
CATEGORIES: 1. Animation for Television and Web Series - targeting kids (any audience 13 and under) 2. Animation for Television and Web Series - targeting adults (any audience 14 and up) SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: All entries must include the following: 1. A Pitch Document of no more than three (3) pages in length describing your project. …